Sunday, January 01, 2006

Singapore

I finally arrived to Singapore. Had a very pleasant flight from Frankfurt to Singapore with Qantas. At the beginning of the flight very good looking Asian-hostess gave me some sparkling wine and told "happy new year", I was immediately sold.

The year exchanged very smoothly in the plane. The captain made a countdown to the loudspeaker and I was somewhere over Linz/Vienna at 33000ft when the year changed. The meals were also excellent compared to lousy meatballs what were offered in the Lufthansa flight from Helsinki to Frankfurt.

Now I'm staying in the 8-person dorm at the inncrowd-hostel in Singapore. It's really hot/humid outside. It was like a wet towel smashed against the face when I first came out from the terminal. The other thing that I noticed was the masses of people. Lots of people in the train and much much more when I arrived to Little India. It's no use to walk on the pedestrian walkways because they are so full, but there's some room in the streets among the cars :). The first backpacker I met in the train on my way here to the hostel was a german guy who suddenly started to speak finnish. It was made out that his mother was a finn, what a coincidence.

The local beer, Tiger, tastes good...
...tomorrow morning to Bangkok

No comments: