Thursday, January 19, 2006

On my way to Kuala Lumpur

I left Koh Phangan today, thursday morning, at 10.00 local time. Took a ferry to Surat Thani which cost 7euros with ferry + bus + taxi to train station, where I arrived 15:30. The bus + taxi took around 2h from the pier to trainstation so there's some distance.
My next destination is Hat Yai and the train departs at 00:55, so I have 8 hours to wait ._. The train to Hat Yai cost 4.5 euros in second class with a/c. I will arrive Hat Yai around 06:00 and the train to Kuala Lumpur should leave at 14:50 so 9 more hours to wait O_o Well I keep saying myself that the travelling is an important part of the journey...
I could also take Air Asia flight from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur for around 20euros and it should leave around 12:00 and arrive at 14:00 but I would probably miss all the fun :) Now I will reach(hopefully) the kuala lumpur at 06:35 in the Saturday morning which sums up to 44hours of "travel" time.

There's a very good site how to travel by train at http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

I'm staying at internet cafe near to trainstation. Kids are playing Ragnarok online or something like that and some game keeps up playing "rudolf the rednose reindeer". Quite ironic, because the temperature is somewhere around 30 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

30C sounds nice. Wouldn't mind having a weather like that right now. -20C here in Helsinki. Almost froze my face off coming from the bus to work this morning.