Friday, January 20, 2006

Enough travelling...

Here I am at Kuala Lumpur international airport. Had enough time to think about greatness of train journeys when sitting in full packed 2nd class railcar with numb arse. The seats were fastened so you couldn't turn your backrest(or whatever it's called) down so you had to sit like at church bench. The person sitting next to me was coughing like having the sars. To make the travelling more perfect, the train was 3 hours late. A/C was also freezing.

So when I arrived from the luxury/vip train journey to Hat Yai at 9:30, I immediately took a taxi(tuk tuk) to airport. The driver saw that I was in hurry and didn't know how long way there was to the airport so for him I was a perfect victim for some cheating. He asked me a ridiculous price first and then when I checked the price from some other travellers the price went half down. The driver told that it's going to be a 1 hour drive but what the hell it took 20mins and even with a tuk tuk which didn't go faster than 60km/h. The thais should check their time more often, because when you're waiting and someone says "1 minute" or "5 minutes" it usually means 15-20 mins. However if someone says "10 minutes" it's probably going to be a long wait...

Luckily there was free seats in the air asia plane to KL and I hit 50 euros to the desk and wanted one ticket right away. Ahh the feeling.....I probably would still be waiting for train in Hat Yai if I have stayed. With this arrangement I managed to decrease my travel time to 26hours from 44hours. Now it's time to get to the hostel....Damn taxi drivers are seeing my backpack and are waiting for the moment when I step out from the airport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The person sitting next to me was coughing like having the sars"... Putosin totaalisesti... Jotenkin niin Timolle osuvaa tekstiƤ ;O)