Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I'm dreaming of the white Christmas

Well actually I was pretty happy to spend a different Christmas here in Southern hemisphere. Unlike the Finns, the Australians have their Christmas on the Christmas day, not on the Eve. On the Christmas Eve I helped Mel's father to build up the rain/sun cover and set up the christmas lights on their backyard. We were lucky since as soon as we had put the tab up it started to rain. When it rains in Sydney, water really comes pouring down. The nearby ocean gives a good boost to the storms. We ended the evening with a nice barbeque in aussie style with beer.

The next day was the Christmas day and time to open the presents. Mel's mother had made some awesome food for all the party guests which summed up nearly to 20 people in total. Again everybody was really friendly and were pretty interested to know what do I think about Australia, what is the best place where I've been and how do we spend Christmas in Finland. I tried to answer as good as I can but some things just aren't very clear to myself either. The temperature was pretty ok around 25 degrees and the pool was in constant use. We also played table tennis, sang singstar with playstation and had drinks of course. I had really merry christmas.

No comments: