Monday, November 13, 2006

Towards the Albany


I left the Margaret River cause the bloody surf isn't getting any better in few days and headed towards the Albany in the far South. My route went through beautiful Karri-tree forests and I climbed the 74meters Dave Evans Bicentennial tree. The climb was quite thrilling since you had to make your way up through the ladders which were circling the tree. There was a net at the side of the poles which prevented you falling from the sides. The poles worked as the 'ladder' but there was nothing under them so if you would have slipped you would have fallen to your certain death. Well I haven't usually been afraid of heights but this time I have to admit that I may have used a little bit of excessive force to enhance my grip from the poles. No grannies at the top.

I also visited the treetop walk at the valley of the giants. It's like a catwalk going up to 40m on the treetops and offers nice views to the surrounding tingle tree forest. Lots of grannies here.

I've finally in Albany and the surf is small/unsurfable again. Well didn't surprise me at all anymore. I might go to camp next to Muttonbird island for this night since they should have a surfbreak and free camping there and head to do some hiking at Stirling ranges tomorrow. However, first I'm going to Domino's Pizza or Eagle Boys to get some long needed unhealthy food. Normally in the bush I'm living with a strictly vegetarinary pasta/noodles/porridge diet excluding occasional cheese/tuna/salami treats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just viewed your Great Barrier Reef dive video.I think you have been lucky to see all those animals though Tiina told me u had even better dives on the west coast.Enjoy your stay there while u still can - believe me the Finnish winter has not changed to any better :).

Timo said...

Well had good dives both on the west and the east. I wonder who wrote this comment, Ville or Nelli?

Yeah I'll probably want back to warm after feeling the nice -20 finnish weather.