Monday, December 18, 2006

Encounter

Hah, I went to the RipCurl store to check out some clothes and had a little chitchat with the store assistant. After a while talking in English it turned out that she came from Turku in Finland and had been here for three months now. She didn't really understand it first when I changed my speech from English to Finnish which proofed we were both quite surprised. I haven't met really many Finnish around here, and to be honest, this wasn't the place I was expecting to see one. Well anyways she invited me to her birthday at her Bondi apartment on 13th of January but unfortunately I'll be gone by then.

When I started thinking about the finnish I've met, it turned out that I actually went out yesterday(excellent short time memory) with a finnish guy to check out some of the local pubs. Janne is a friend of my friend Topi, who I was travelling with in Bangkok.

I'm still staying in the Sydney central square YHA. There's probably a potential buyer coming to check out the surfboard which is on sale in the Ebay. It's nice and sunny at the moment and it doesn't seem that we're gonna get snow for the christmas.

No comments: