Sunday, December 17, 2006

Relaxing times

Well we didn't hit the town on weekend but I headed around 50kms from Sydney instead. I took a train to Epping where Mel picked me up with her parents car. It was great to see the tall Sebastian and Mel again. The last time I saw them was in Broome in NW Australia. We rode to Ash's parents house where I was happy to see Ash and her really stylish house. I also met Ash's really playful dog, Aussie Bulldog, Gracy. Gracy seemed to enjoy the same things as my sis's dog Nelli and I had to throw her ball for a while. We spent a really nice house evening by watching travel photographs and laughing about the all the crazy stuff we've been through.

On the morning Ash's mum came home and made us a bbq-brekkie(or brunch). With stuffed stomachs we then laid on the couches with Sebastian and just watched SkyTV's Simpsons marathon. After travelling a while, simple things make you feel like a king. The next night we spent in the Mel's parents house. This house is also really nice with two stories, a pool and a jacuzzi. I was also honoured to meet the house's gorgeous dog, Jackson. He's 13months old golden retriever and so full of energy. Mel's parents were having their wedding anniversary so they headed out for the night and we 'kids' just stayed in the house watching a movie and eating pizza. Mel invited me to his house for Christmas so I'm really happy that I don't have to stay in the hostel. Actually I might be heading there in couple of days already and stay there until I leave Sydney which is 3rd of January. Now I'm considering myself extra fortunate since finding accomodation in the Sydney for the New Year is nearly impossible or atleast ultra-expensive. I'm really looking forward for the million+ people party and the massive fireworks from the Harbour Bridge.

No comments: