Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blue mountains and Northern beaches


I'm a little bit ashamed to write an entry with this topic and to be only spent a one night in the blue mountains area. The town called Katoomba is the gateway to the most visited places in the Blue mountains. We went to visit the Three Sisters lookout and, yes, the views were really superb. The horizon was coloured in blue and we were wondering is it really the vaporizing oil from the eucalyptus trees which causes this. After nice views I turned my van Lulu towards the Sydney and was about to complete my journey around Australia. We drove to the Mona Vale which is located in the Northern Sydney. There was a nice big4 caravan park just next to Narrabeen surf beach but I wasn't keen enough to go surfing to the crowds. We spent one day cleaning up the Lulu and now it's ready for possible buyers.


We are now staying in the Central YHA in the Sydney and I'm really astonished to think that I've now driven around Australia in 117 days which summed up to 22000kms in total with day average of around 190kms. Just in comparison I uploaded a picture with Australia and Europe in the same picture and the shortest air-distance from Helsinki to Sydney is 15000km.

My car, my home, my 1987 Toyota hiace is now for sale for only 2900aud. We're heading out tonight with Harri and I was thinking to order some champagne, sparkling wine or atleast imported beer to celebrate my expedition. Good job Lulu.

No comments: