Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia

Nusa Lembongan is just a small island eastern side of the Bali. You can get there by boat from Sanur in Bali and the trip takes around one and half hours. It's really calm place without too much traffic and there's some great diving and surfing to be done.

I did 2 dives with World Diving and experienced my first drift dive(around 3 knots). It was a drift strong enough that you couldn't swim against it. Only you could do is to control your bouyancy and go with the flow. Diving in Lembongan usually includes atleast mediocre currents.
During the dives I saw a turtle and napoleon wrasse among the many other fishes. Unfortunately it wasn't the season for the famous sunfish(mola mola).

During my stay I went trekking around the island and it took around 6 hours with a lunch break and all the wandering around. I had lunch in the dream beach at sunset villa resort where I could enjoy a wonderful view of waves hitting against the high cliffs. I also went to nusa ceningan which is very tiny island next to nusa lembongan and they're connected with a small bridge. There was not much but angry dogs at Nusa Ceningan, trying to scare me, because they probably though me as an imperialist invader. The invader I surely was, truly superior with my trekking boots which could take me anywhere I wanted, and overcome any barrier.

I met Matti today and now we are in Ubud. Went to see the local lekong dance which was nice. However tomorrow we leave to east coast of Bali, because not much to see in Ubud either. Atleast if you're not into arts.

No comments: