Sunday, February 12, 2006

Last days in Kuta

We surely spoiled ourselves in Kuta. After too many days with nasi goreng(fried rice with vegetables) we ordered a nice big pepper steaks and soon after that had a dessert big mac. Well this was too much for my stomach and I decided to leave Matti enjoy his healthy dessert and headed to our hotel which was around 200meters from this international eating place. Unfortunately I just started walking 180 degrees in the wrong direction. I was getting a little bit nervous when I didn't find my hotel and there was a growing pressure in my stomach. Well I decided to make a master move and took a taxi. I wasn't clever enough to notice that we were on a 1-way road. So the hotel was 200 meters behind me and taxi had to drive around the entire block to get me to the hotel. It took 1.5euros and 15 minutes in a traffic but it was a cheap price for seeing the astonished face of Matti when I stopped next to him with a taxi.
Yes, and I made it in time.

We also took our first surf lessons. Needless to say that it's fun. The waves were quite small when we took the lessons so it was quite easy to ride them with a longboard. With high self-confidence I rented a shorter board during the next day and I really experienced that it's not going to be an easy task to become the expert surfer. The waves were much bigger and I was actually totally exhausted after half an hour fight in the washing machine of collapsing waves. Now day after all my muscles are very sore and I feel like beaten.

Well I'm looking forward for the waves of Newcastle and I'm surely not going to let them beat me...4 hours for departure towards Sydney.

No comments: