Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hunting surfboard

I had a nice birthday party on friday. Got 2 cakes and was offered quite many birthday drinks, yay! It seems that I've got to get used to eat different sort of cakes and sweet things here. We usually have a piece of chocolate cake or other bakings as a dessert in our dinner. My friend Pete (aka. Pistis-Pulla) would be in heaven.

I woke up 10:30 in the Saturday morning, feeling fresh of course. I soon headed towards city to check out the surf shops. I wanted to buy a surfboard, preferable 2nd hand 8foot longboard. After 3 hours and all major 4 surf shops I was a little bit hopeless. It's really difficult to find a 2nd hand longboard because they are usually immediately sold away. I found one 2nd hand longboard with a price 500$ but I think I can get a new one with 600$(~370euros). Why, oh why I didn't buy a surfboard from Bali. Could have gotten one around 100-200euros.

I'm thinking about taking few surf lessons. It's 45aud for 2 hours in redhead mobile surf school. The school owner also offered me a force 8 foot softboard, board bag and legrope. Cost is $600.00 for the package. That might be the best offer I can get.

Guys are playing music at the pool and that's where I'm now heading to. Oh, I might have forgotten to mention that it's 10meters from my apartment to the pool.

No comments: