Sunday, September 17, 2006

From Airlie beach to Cairns

It was too windy to do the Yongala wreck dive so we skipped the whole thing. Andy and Jonas wanted to go hiking to one of the islands but they had to wait 3 days and pay 60aud for the ferry to do that. Me and James felt lazy and headed towards Mission beach instead.

Mission beach has a really nice beach but no surf so we were not really interested to spend any time there. We checked out the nightlife on Friday evening and there was around 10 people in the bar. We decided to move on.

From Mission beach we took an inland road towards Atherton tablelands national park and saw really nice waterfalls, rainforests and camped next to a big reservoir lake. I would highly recommend this national park to anyone who is going towards Cairns since you can see so much in one day.

Now we're here in Cairns with James and we're gonna spend some time here because both of us has quite a lot things to take care of. I need to buy my flight tickets back to Finland, service my car and maybe find some persons who would like to travel in my van to Darwin. Andy and Jonas should join us next week and then we're heading together towards Darwin and Western Australia.

Stats: So far I have travelled a month and around 3000kms after I left Newcastle and around 15000kms ahead. I haven't spent any money to hostel nights so the van is paying itself back every day.

No comments: