Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cairns

Cairns is one of the major backpacker towns here in Australia. I have spent here few days now with James and there's pretty good parties here regardless of the night. I'm still considering of the scuba diving option to go diving on Cod Hole which is supposed to be one of the best places to dive in Australia and is in top10-ranking in the World. 4 day, 11 dive trip costs 650aud which isn't much for a normal traveller but for a backpacker...Let's see what's gonna happen.

My digital videocam stopped working in Fraser island so I made a little bit research on the internet and was happy to found that Sony should repair it free. I was lucky because I went to video cam repairs as well and they told it's atleast 130aud just to look for the camera. Now I can go there and show that Sony will pay the expenses. All the information about bad ccd problem can be found at:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html
http://www.sony.com.au/articles/article.jsp?articleId=3653&categoryId=23816#

I managed to buy my flight tickets to Finland on January. I'm leaving Australia 3.1.2007 and flying to Kuala Lumpur. I have 23 days time to spend in Asia and I'm leaving Kuala Lumpur 26.1.2007 and fly through Vienna to Helsinki. It's exactly a year ago when I was in the Asia last time but now I'm not making too big tentative plans. My only plan is to go to Thailand to see Krabi and surrounding areas and do some diving.

I got some pictures from my previous travels from Abel Tasman national park in New Zealand and the Whitsunday cruise.





The last picture shows Canadian James standing on left, me with a green shirt, Swiss Jonas with gray shirt and German Andy with brown shirt. Captain Andy is standing in the middle.

No comments: