Monday, August 14, 2006

Returning Australia

I spent two days in Christchurch and enjoyed cold pouring rain before flying back to Sydney. I felt like returning home when I was in customs and the officers told me "welcome back". Now I have working holiday visa for 12 months so I'm able to work while travelling. I went to get my tax file number from local taxation office in Sydney but that was a waste of time since they just told me how to do an online application. After that I had a nice and cheap 5-star kebab and took a train towards Newcastle planning to do some surfing in the afternoon.

I went back to my apartment where I used to live on campus and it was great to see all my university friends again. I couldn't go surfing though since the battery of my van was totally dead and we couldn't jump start it. Later on I got the car running by using thicker jumper cables. I also noticed that there was some damage done to the front passenger side parking light. I spotted tiny traces of blue paint and made some CSI-detective work to find a car with matching paint marks at the same parking lot. Matt lent me his digital camera and I took the necessary evidence photos. Luckily the girl who owns the car didn't deny anything and I'm sure we can work out the proper payment without too much of an hassle. Tomorrow I should get a new cover for the light and then I'm off towards North following the east coast. I snapped my leash of the 8.6" surfboard today so I think it's time for me to start using my other faster but harder 6.3" shortboard.

After too many comments about my hair I got a haircut today. It had been over 8 months since the last one.

No comments: