Friday, August 18, 2006

On the road again...

Got my payment, said goodbyes to my friends in Newcastle and turned my Toyota towards North. I hit the pacific highway playing Dire Straits and had a strong sensation of freedom since I didn't have any commitments or bigger plans whatsoever. I have time until February, apartment on wheels and two surfboards and I'm in Australia. These facts kept on drumming in my head for a long time until I had departed.

I have pretty much followed the same route we had at the earlier surf trip to East coast. It was weird to stay overnight at the Delicate nobby camping ground because it was almost empty now. The surf was flat so I didn't have a luck to hit the waves. The next day was completely flat as well and I couldn't find any waves even though I went through two beaches in Coffs Harbour, Lennox head and finally Byron bay.

Camping here in Byron bay seems to be really strict so I had to drive a bit further from the city centre to stay overnight in my van. Luckily found a nice spot next to dog exercise beach. Today I had also a little bit luck with the surf. Waves were quite small but I still managed to catch some easy rides with my 8.6" minimal. I'm probably staying here for 1-2 nights more and then heading to Brisbane.

a bit off topic: I have a stats-application running on this website which allows me to see if someone gets into the site by using google and the keywords they're using. Sometimes there's some really weird searches which end up in these pages but yesterday's search went into top three: "male urinals in the Kuala Lumpur".

2 comments:

tinttia said...

Missäs mä timppa haluan käydä uutta seelantia katselemassa, mitä hä? Olis nuo normaalit Auckland, Christchurch ja Wellington lentojen mahdollisuuksina, rahaa ei oo mutta silti mennään ;)

Timo said...

Riippuu mita haluat nahda...

Etelasaari on aika napsakka. Mutta niin on pohjoinenki :)
helpotti varmasti