Monday, July 03, 2006

Towards Auckland

Ok didn't succeed with my great plan which was to fly to New Zealand and wait for my Australian student visa to expire until I apply for new one and fly back to Australia. The problem is that you're not allowed into New Zealand if you haven't valid flight ticket back to country where you're allowed to enter. Since my return flight was scheduled on a date where my current visa to Australia would already be expired, I had a little problem at the check-in.

The cheapest choice was to re-schedule the return flight to Australia to a date when my visa was still valid. After few quick phone calls to Jetstar I managed to change my flight with 50nzd fee(25eur). Now I probably need to do some more strategy movements(reschedule the flight back to where it was and spend another 50nzd) to be able to apply for work&holiday visa to Australia.

Well anyways I'm here in Auckland now. I'm staying at the Auckland Central Backpacker hostel which has really nice facilities available. I'm probably staying here for couple of nights before heading South to volcanic Rotorua. We had a nice time trying to find this hostel with a British girl since the bus driver who should have stopped in front of this hostel didn't even know where this is. We got good first impression about New Zealand.

Well, the impressions just got better since I had a damn good lamb-kebab with hot chili and garlic sauce for only 7 nzd(3.50 eur). Ode for strong currency!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch out... we are coming to get you! Check your Tutti my mate!