Monday, July 03, 2006

Fitz's farm


Last weekend I had a great oppoturnity to visit my aussie friend at his farm. The farm is located around 400km northwest from Newcastle near Armidale and the road there went through beautiful hilly landscape. Sometimes the hills tried to beat up my van but with 2nd gear and 35km/h we managed to climb them up. Craig was keeping me company in the van and as a geologist he was able to tell everything about rocks surrounding us.

The farm was really beautiful and huge. It was nothing compared to farms I've used to see in Finland since this one contained many many kilometers of bushland where cows, sheeps, goats, kangaroos, horses and other animals were herding. There's also an airstrip at the farm with cessna 172.

We had fun time taking the farm's five working dogs and a pig dog for a run and driving around bushy hills with quadbike and two 250cc dirtbikes. We also did some kangaroo spotting in the night by driving around with old 4wd landcruiser equipped with bright spotlight.

Overally I would say that it was a great and relaxing weekend before my journey to New Zealand would begin.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

You have to love the geologist friend. That is who I am for many people and I had a lot to say on my trip to Central Australia.
New Zealand looks amazing. I will get there eventually, but not on this trip down under.
Cheers.