Monday, March 27, 2006

First impressions about Sydney

Saturday morning I headed to Sydney. My plan was to check out some cars and I went to see them in traveller's autobahn and King's cross car market. The first one was a little bit expensive but offered some kind of guarantee and payback options for their cars. The latter was a great place for everyone who is looking for a cheap car since the place is packed with backpackers who are in urge to sell their cars. Most of the sellers have to leave overseas and that's why you can hear really impressive sales speeches and watch as the prices go down when the departure date gets more close. I didn't buy a car yet but probably this week you will get more update on this matter.

The king's cross was a really weird place. I got there about the midday and was lured to buy doner kebab from a genuine turkish place with loud playing techno music. Well I didn't get disappointed, good kebab, good music. Things that seem to be common in king's cross are backpackers, pimps yelling at the street and massive nightlife.

After king's cross I went to see the harbour bridge and opera house. They are more impressive when seen with your own eyes than in pictures. A bit earlier I wrote about the big screen of IMAX theatre in Kuala Lumpur. Well here in Sydney they have the world largest screen and I went to see a "walking on the moon" 3d-movie there. Summarum: Impressive screen, impressive effects and crappy documentary.

The first impression about Sydney was that it's really beautiful. There's lots of water elements around and many cafes/bars around harbours. I have no doubts against people who say Sydney is their favourite city.

No comments: