Monday, December 05, 2005

Preparations done?

I just can't wait for the journey to begin, even if it's less than month to go. I finished all my exams during the last week and now I don't have any school left here in Finland. I have been able to finalize my preparations for the journey and do some budgeting. Here's some paste from my TODO-list, which should be called WASDONE-list now:

Credit cards: Visa, Diner's Club
Rent your apartment in Finland
Travel insurance
Study visa
International driver's license
Bonus-cards for the major flight companies
Injections
Apply for campus accomodation in Newcastle
Copies from important documents, like passport

And here's some expenses what I've been trying to gather:
DescriptionSum(euro)
TOEFL 120
Overseas student health cover payment(6 months) 110
Injections for Thailand, Indonesia and Oz 260
1-way Flight tickets(HEL-FRA-SIN-DPS-SYD) 995
Campus accomodation applying fee15
Australian student visa applying fee 260
Deuter Quantum 70+10 travel rucksack 180
International driver's licence, 1-year 26
1-way flight ticket SIN-BKK 50
3-month travel insurance (Super Gouda) 113
overall 2129


Which proofs that you should have plenty of savings before the journey as well :)

4 comments:

Oskari said...

It seems you have a nice study semester ahead. I see you are going to fly through Germany. Well, probably nothing spectacular to see in Frankfurt and pretty cold too compared to where you are headed.

Hope you'll have great time down there!

Anonymous said...

Hey, little time left huh? How's everything? How about your mood? Extremely Exciting??
Well, X'mas is coming, all the best!

Timo said...

Actually I'm not quite excited yet, don't know why. Perhaps the excitement will come when I get into the plane :) Last days I've tried to spend with my friends and enjoy some finnish winter which i'm not gonna see for a while...

Yeah merry christmas for you too Ray and let's keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your reply and you really enjoyed yourself in the dark winter. Maybe you'll miss the cold days since it's summer time in AU. Sun and warm days are waiting for you. :P
Yo, let's keep in touch! ;)
Last thing, Merry X'mas!!